Advantages of a Pay by License Plate System
- With a Pay by License Plate System, enforcement is most efficient compared to Pay and Display or Pay-by-Space as long as city has license plate recognition technology. Just scan the plate and match it up to our paid license plate database.
- Pay-by-Plate system is easy to integrate with Pay-by-Cell phone technology (user enters plate number on cell phone system).
- Easier to integrate fine payment into the Pay-by-Plate System because pay station will have alphanumeric keypad.
- Pay-by-Plate system allows user to register license plate in back-office system so that he or she does not have to use credit card or cash at machine. User just enters license plate number on the pay station, tells the parking meter how much parking time they want to buy, and money gets charged to pre-registered account.
- Just as in Pay and Display, there is no need to number each space or paint lines on the street to differentiate spaces. Snow is not a factor like it would be for Pay-by-Space.
- Since there is no need for lines on the street, you can fit more cars on the block.
- After transaction, there is no need for user to walk back to their car to display receipt.
- Like in Pay-by-Space, user can add extra time from any machine in the city.